Mondays are completely bearable, pretty much completely for the fact that Gossip Girl is on. Even after all this time, I am still obsessed (And completely angry we have to wait 2 weeks to see who is killed! ‘Theres been an accident’ It can’t be a main character…I’m guessing Bart? Maybe Nates mom? Lets hope no one important!..does that sound bad?). After the preview for two weeks I jumped with excitement, the past couple have been a little mundane, I can’t wait for some true drama. While it’s sad that I usually have to wait a week for the next one, at least Tuesdays I can read New York Magazines recap, full of pluses and minuses from last nights show.
Here are some of my favorites:
• Blair is appalled that she was invited by Cyrus’s family to shop at Century 21. Plus 2
• “You don’t know how he’s been,” Jenny says to Lily, as though Rufus has been making really unreasonable demands by insisting she go to school and not act like whore. Plus 2
• Holy hell, gold bars in the safe? And a satellite phone? Eric’s line says it all: “It’s like the end of every heist movie ever made.” Plus 5.
• Dorota’s ring for Eleanor is Britney Spears’s “I’m a Slave 4 U.” Plus 25.
• In general, people resolve issues in person on this show much more than any New Yorkers ever do. Nobody explains anything on the phone if they can’t get in a limo and talk about it 30 minutes later in person. And nobody says “come meet me,” they always pick people up. This isn’t L.A., for traffic’s sake. Minus 3.
• That was it? Lily’s big secret was that she was in an institution? Serena killed someone. This is a letdown. Minus 3.
I also loved the many hits taken at Aaron. Seriously, we get that he’s good looking. But is he boring or just a really bad actor? Thank god for Chuck!!
Also, I was unaware of the fact that BlueFly, you can shop by Gossip Girl character!! If I would have known before I left the house this morning with my …trying really hard to be Serena hair… I could have looked at it for clothing tips. Ah well, theres always next week ……